What to Expect
Negotiation with Your Neighbour
1. Firstly, negotiate with your neighbour regarding a deed for registering an
easement, this normally involves offering a price to the neighbour and
setting down conditions of the easement.
Drafting Easement Plan
2. You will then engage in an engineer to draft up a plan for registration in
accordance with requirements of NSW Land Registry Services.
Obtaining Mortgagee's Consent
3. You will need to obtain your mortgagee's consent for registration of
Signing the Agreement
4. Both parties must sign the easement registration document, along with
getting each party's bank to provide production of title number.
Lodging with NSW LRS
5. Your surveyor will lodge the plan for registration as well as the easement
registration document with the NSW Land Registry Services.